Enhanced CPD Course
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- The importance and need for appropriate types of surface cleaning and disinfection methods used in a dental surgery.
- How to recognise areas (including those often overlooked) that can become contaminated by pathogens during dental services and require cleaning.
- Appropriate methods of disinfection, including the types of surface cleansers that should be used, and how they should be applied/delivered to the contaminated surface(s).
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List the areas of a dental surgery that require cleaning and disinfection between patients.
- Explain the reasons why specific cleansers or methods of product delivery should be avoided.
- Name at least three characteristics of a clean dental surgery.
- Note three pathogens that are targeted during surface cleaning, that pose a risk to patients and dental staff.
- Target Audience
- Practice Manager
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
18th Jun 2019
Relevant and a good refresher.
22nd Aug 2018
Clear updating of the surface cleaning