Enhanced CPD Course
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- Who can report concerns and to whom they should be reported; as well as when a formal report should be filed.
- How to identify people who are more likely to be the target of abuse, including the characteristics of adults that may be more vulnerable.
- When it is appropriate to not allow a patient to leave the premises due to possible imminent harm.
- How to recognise different types of abuse that they may come across in the dental care setting.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List 8 types of abuse.
- Name 4 characteristics of a vulnerable adult.
- Define "neglect," "physical abuse," and list examples.
- Locate areas of the body that are less likely to be exposed to accidental injuries, making them red-flags that abuse may have occurred.
- Explain how dental personnel would know that FGM has occurred.
- Name the most common form of neglect seen in a dentist practice.
- Target Audience
- Practice Manager
- Dental Hygienist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Nurse
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
24th Mar 2020
excellent and precise
25th Nov 2019
Great course - really infomative
14th Jul 2019
31st Oct 2018
27th Sep 2018
Very concise with all the important information.
10th Sep 2018
A basic and nontheless essential knoledge that always should be updated
8th Aug 2018
I gained a lot of fresh information