Enhanced CPD Course
RIDDOR - Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Record Keeping
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- The purpose of government agency oversight of RIDDOR and what aspects of the dental practice are being regulated.
- Why RIDDOR is used to report accidents and injuries within the clinical practice, how reports should be filed, and which reporting method that ought to be used.
- How employers/employees ought to maintain proper RIDDOR records and documentation within a dental practice, as well as where they should be stored.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List what types of injuries/accidents are covered under RIDDOR.
- Provide at least four to five examples of major injuries that would result in the need to file a RIDDOR report.
- Submit a RIDDOR report to the proper governing agency.
- Differentiate between when a phone report or paper form should be submitted.
- Correctly store appropriate records in the event that a RIDDOR report needs to be filed.
- Target Audience
- Dental Technician
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Hygienist
- Practice Manager
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- B – Effective Management
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3