Enhanced CPD Course
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Communication Skills
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- When concerns are to be raised regarding a workplace environment or behavior that is placing patients at risks.
- To whom (person or agency) a specific type of concern is to be reported. Including alternative persons or agencies that can be contacted if there is an illegal or dangerous activity within the workplace.
- How to facilitate an open, shared culture within the practice where others can feel safe raising their concerns among the team or to management.
- The steps of a formal enquiry process and what activities occur during each stage of the review.
- An overview of workplace requirements that fall under practice policies as governed by Standard 8 regulations.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Speak up to raise awareness, even if he or she is not in a position of control or influence.
- Name 3 committees that may be involved in full public enquiries.
- If an allegation arises, first approach their colleague in an effort to clear the air before progressing to management or a government report.
- Explain who on the dental team has explicit vs. moral responsibilities and duties.
- Define the four points that should be included in a practice policy.
- Target Audience
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Hygienist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Practice Manager
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- A – Effective Communication
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
19th Feb 2019
31st Dec 2018