Enhanced CPD Course
Putting Patients’ Interests First
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Disinfection and Decontamination
- Radiography and Radiation Protection
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- A general understanding of the types of safety controls set in motion (previously under various organisations) that now collectively fall under the DSPB.
- The established framework that dental employees are to adhere to, in order to ensure patient safety and safeguarding practices.
- How to implement specific protocols and policies as they affect workplace safety, decontamination/disinfection/sterilisation, infection control, and waste management within the dental office.
- Audit techniques that are to be used against measuring existing office policies related to infection control, radiation, and information management.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Name 5 characteristics of dental services as defined by the KLOE.
- List 8 types of waste found in the dental practice.
- Explain the purpose of each of the 6 principles of safeguarding patients.
- Conduct audits of the decontamination process and radiation protocols.
- Describe the 4 four areas of focus under the CQC Regulation 12 guidelines on self care and treatment.
- Target Audience
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Practice Manager
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- D – Maintenance in Patient Confidence
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
8th Aug 2018