Enhanced CPD Course
Personal Protective Equipment
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- The role for each type and style of articles used for personal protective equipment (PPE) purposes.
- Selection of appropriate eyewear, gloves, gowns, and masks based on the procedure being performed and the health of the patient being treated.
- Aseptic techniques for donning clean PPE, removing soiled PPE, and appropriate disposal methods.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List the four main types of PPE
- Describe three different types of gloves and their uses.
- List 3 examples of when a respiratory mask would be needed.
- Name 3 other measures of protection used in combination with PPE.
- Demonstrate how to properly remove soiled gloves and other PPE.
- List the order in which PPE should be put on and removed.
- Target Audience
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Nurse
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Practice Manager
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- D – Maintenance in Patient Confidence
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
8th Aug 2018
A great refresher course