Enhanced CPD Course
Patient Communication Part 2
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Communication Skills
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- Methods used to improve one's communication style and presentation techniques when talking to patients about their dental care.
- Specific processes involved in retaining information can interfere with certain people retaining information depending on how it is presented to them.
- Properly conducting telephone calls with patients, so as to drive the conversation in a successful manner.
- Reviewing the four different aspects of services that should be included in treatment plan disclosures, as well as the perceptions that drive patient compliance related to the recommended care.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Name the first steps in presentation skills.
- Initiate patient conversations with the end goal in mind.
- List the three types of processes necessary for retaining information.
- Categorise the four stages of a patient phone call.
- Explain the two parts of retention.
- Target Audience
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Nurse
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Practice Manager
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- A – Effective Communication
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3