Enhanced CPD Course
Patient Communication: Part 1
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Communication Skills
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- How to develop and improve one's active listening skills so as to increase communication and relationships with patients.
- What communication style adaptations are necessary to build empathy with a patient.
- Methods used to enhance the patient consultation and treatment planning experience.
- How to use patient education techniques to address behaviors and change attitudes of patients, in regard to choices they make about their dental health.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Name the physical changes that occur during active listening.
- Identify the type of communication needs exhibited by the patient.
- List four character groups and their traits.
- Explain the 6 rights that patients should know or be entitled to.
- Define steps that can be taken to manage patient stress.
- Respect cultural values and differences of others.
- Target Audience
- Dental Technician
- Practice Manager
- Dental Therapist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Nurse
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- A – Effective Communication
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
2nd Sep 2019
excellent course to get you intune with how important listening skills are
22nd Jun 2019
12th Feb 2019
This addresses Safreguarding Children and vulnerable adults, Legal and ethical issues
30th Dec 2018