Enhanced CPD Course
Manual Cleaning Process
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- Selection of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and cleaning equipment for the task at hand.
- How to maintain consistency throughout the office and between different staff members by establishing and following written procedures, along with logbooks in the sterilisation area.
- Proper use of visual aids and protein residue tests to determine the effectiveness of manual cleaning techniques; including how to visually inspect an instrument to determine if manual cleaning was effective.
- How to determine whether or not manual cleaning is appropriate (or allowed) given the instrument and situation at hand.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain how and when a protein residue test is to be performed.
- List three detergents which are not to be used during manual cleaning.
- Select the appropriate water temperature.
- Identify whether instruments should be dried, bagged, left wet, or sealed for sterilisation after manual cleaning.
- Follow written procedures and complete the necessary logbook.
- Explain the proper setup for a manual cleaning area, or alternative supplies that may be used.
- Target Audience
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Dental Hygienist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Practice Manager
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
17th Sep 2018
Clear and concise