Enhanced CPD Course
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Communication Skills
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- The proper protocols and steps necessary to gain informed consent from a patient or their carer.
- What information is appropriate to provide to the person giving the consent.
- Identifying steps that should be taken and what they should be, in the event of treating an emergency.
- Determining if a person has the capacity to consent for their own care, or if another person must be consulted, as well as the benefits or drawbacks of a person withholding such consent.
- How to properly act in the best interest of the patient at all times.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define the two types of consent.
- List the steps of gaining consent.
- Evaluate every patient at each appointment to ensure consent is given.
- Make practice policies available in the appropriate format.
- Act in the best interest of each patient.
- List examples of people other than the patient who are capable of giving consult if the patient is unable to do so themselves.
- Explain the benefits and risks of consenting to or declining treatment.
- Target Audience
- Practice Manager
- Dental Hygienist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Nurse
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- A – Effective Communication
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
15th May 2019