Enhanced CPD Course
Impression Care and Disinfection
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- Why effective disinfection practices are needed before and after taking a dental impression, and which steps or practices ought to be used.
- Proper storage and preparation techniques that are to be used when impressions are being sent to an off-site laboratory.
- How to properly disinfect a prosthesis that has been returned to the practice from a laboratory.
- An understanding of different impression materials and how they can become contaminated if stored or handled improperly.
- How to utilise tracking systems to monitor if and when an impression or prosthesis has been disinfected.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List five pathogens that can survive on surfaces for over a month; and two pathogens that can survive on a surface for up to one week.
- Explain the two different types of disinfection, including the benefits or disadvantages of each method.
- Differentiate between disposable and reusable impression trays.
- Describe the full process of disinfection, outlining the key stages.
- Name two medical emergencies that could occur when a dental impression is being taken.
- List three types of PPE that should be worn when preparing materials or disinfecting impressions.
- Target Audience
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Therapist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Technician
- Practice Manager
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
22nd Aug 2018
Clear and concise exposure of the relevance for the right treatment of the impressions