Enhanced CPD Course
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- The purposes of vaccinations for dental personnel and their need in the healthcare setting, including when recommended vaccinations should be reviewed for clinical healthcare workers.
- Instances for when non-clinical healthcare personnel should consider vaccinations, and which type(s) may be beneficial for their protection.
- When a vaccine should be declined due to medical contraindication.
- Proper protocols and procedural steps needed for efficient Hep B vaccination.
- How various diseases have been controlled through the use of proper vaccination practices.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List the six vaccines that the Department of Health recommends for clinical dental staff.
- List the five vaccines that the Department of Health recommends for non-clinical dental staff.
- Perform a risk assessment to determine if the Hep B vaccine is required of a non-clinical employee.
- Identify steps required by the employer to protect healthcare workers.
- Define the proper stages and steps of the Hep B vaccination process.
- Target Audience
- Practice Manager
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Therapist
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Technician
- Orthodontic Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3