Enhanced CPD Course
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- The three methods of hand hygiene required of dental personnel, including clinical hand washing, and how they are to be performed.
- How to set up a proper hand washing area, including which supplies to make available.
- Knowledge as to when different types of hand hygiene and hand washing should be performed within the clinical and dental office setting.
- Use of proper nail care to prevent cross-contamination between patients.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify if proper nail care techniques are being followed, and make changes as appropriate.
- Separate the different methods of hand hygiene and when each one should be used, respectively.
- Recount the stages of performing proper hand washing.
- Provide examples of bad practice in hand hygiene that may occur in the dental practice.
- Identify if an appropriate hand washing station is being utilised.
- Target Audience
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Practice Manager
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Nurse
- Orthodontic Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
17th Dec 2018
very helpful revision
1st Dec 2018
great course and a good reminder of what can become an auto pilot task
21st Nov 2018
Concise and informative
5th Sep 2018
Useful to be remainded about the different tipes of hand hygiene and the timings
18th Aug 2018
Very good, easy to understand and reinforced prior knowledge and practice. Thank you
8th Aug 2018