Enhanced CPD Course
Display Screen Equipment
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- What the fundamental legal requirements are in regard to the use of display screens in the workplace
- How to determine if himself/herself or others meet the requirements of a defined DSE user
- Proper ergonomic practices, workspace setup, and space factors that are to be observed in a DSE work station
- When and how often appropriate breaks and preventative measures should be used to avoid work related injury; as well as a general understanding of ergonomic practices that affect a person's body throughout the work day
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define an employee as a user of DSE
- Identify changes in their current work habits to further reduce risk of glare, reflection, and intrusive light.
- Note the characteristics of a screen display that may predispose them to eye strain.
- List 4-5 examples of good ergonomic practices during typing or using a mouse.
- • Schedule appropriate breaks to reduce physical or eye strain.
- Target Audience
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Technician
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Practice Manager
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- D – Maintenance in Patient Confidence
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
8th Aug 2018