Enhanced CPD Course
Decontamination of Dental Instruments
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- Why decontamination is necessary for specific types of surfaces/instruments, as well as whom it protects.
- The four individual stages of the decontamination process and what they are used for within the dental practice setting.
- How to properly perform an audit of the office's disinfection practices and record keeping protocols.
- How to recognize changes to current decontamination practices that ought to be made, so as to ensure that the dental team follows proper protocols.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate cleaning, disinfection, inspection, and sterilisation steps.
- Choose types of cleaning methods that are more effective and protect against accidental injury.
- Schedule monitoring as defined by legislative requirements.
- Outline the appropriate cleaning processes accepted in accordance with local legislation
- Target Audience
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Dental Nurse
- Practice Manager
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
26th Mar 2019
12th Jan 2019
Very useful update
4th Nov 2018
1st Oct 2018
The topics covered were relavent and useful.
5th Sep 2018
Very good updating on the topic
2nd Aug 2018
I work in an hospital setting , so all our decontamination is done centrally i found this course gave me an update of what is expected for the current standard of decontamination's of dental instruments.