Enhanced CPD Course
Blood-Borne Viruses (BBVs)
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- Knowledge of blood borne viruses (BBV) that pose a risk to dental personnel and their means of transmission within the dental practice.
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in prevention of exposure to BBVs.
- How to differentiate which immunisations are required of them, depending on their role as a clinical and non-clinical team member, respectively.
- Skills necessary to avoid and manage accidents related to sharps injuries.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List the main methods of BBV transmission between patients and practitioners.
- Select appropriate PPE required to prevent the transmission of BBVs during various clinical activities.
- Explain which immunisations are effective for clinical staff that come into contact with infected patients.
- Follow the protocol necessary to manage a sharps injury and identify potential risks for such an injury.
- Target Audience
- Practice Manager
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Nurse
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
6th Sep 2019
Easy and simple to do
14th Oct 2018