Enhanced CPD Course
Basics of Legionella
- Online Learning
- Multi-choice quiz
CPD Topics covered
- Disinfection and Decontamination
This course is designed to teach the learner:
- What legionella is and potential sources where the deadly bacteria can potentially be found within a dental practice
- How to identify environments that may be "at risk" for encouraging higher than normal levels of legionella.
- Water source decontamination methods that ought to be used (as well as how to use them) to reduce the risk of patient infection, including who on the dental team is responsible for performing such tasks
- Checklist methods used to regulate water source infection protocols in a routine manner.
Following the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List examples of sources associated with transmitting Legionnaires disease.
- Define where legionella thrives vs. where it does not.
- Outline steps necessary during decontamination of dental water sources and steps to prevent contamination.
- List four symptoms associate with Legionnaires disease
- Locate an appropriate person to perform a risk assessment.
- Implement a checklist for tracking daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual decontamination/prevention duties necessary.
- Target Audience
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Nurse
- Orthodontic Therapist
- Practice Manager
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- High Level Learning Outcomes
- C – Maintenance in Field of Practice
- Regulatory Standards
- QCF Level
- Level 3
10th Mar 2019
1st Feb 2019
16th Aug 2018
highly informative not only for the dental surgery but the home environment also
8th Aug 2018
very useful information